Skip to main content

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder


REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder
By Chesz Dylan

dramaobsess.com

Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光
Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel)
Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family
Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi)

PLOT:
As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins.

(Source: CdramaBase)

See also: Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower

sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com

MY REVIEW:
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy, magic and outstanding action scenes similar to Hong Kong. I was quite hesitant when it comes to Romance dramas. But it so happened that I came across one of its popular Romance Comedy recently, the Chinese Adaptation of the Meteor Garden 2018 which I honestly liked among all its adaptations.

After which, I saw this another Chinese Romance Comedy entitled, "Put your head on my Shoulder". The teaser was great that it made me watched the entire series in Youtube.

See also: Poet[ical] Nonetheless

First is the story, I am very particular when  it comes to the story of a drama. It is my first criteria and the breaking point if I should watch it or not. I don't care whether it is popular. I watched some popular Romance Comedy dramas that didn't impress me based in the plot alone. The story of Put your head on my Shoulder is light. It was cute so to speak and consistent until the end. I avoided watching heavily themed drama these days, so Put your head on my Shoulder is just right. There wasn't any heavy conflicts, and villains. It is just the romantic and cute everyday encounter of Mo Mo (Si Tu Mo) and Gu Wei Yi. 

Picgra

The characters were shallow but their was a character maturity along the way. Unlike the typical Romance genre of a love triangle cliche, I didn't find that in this drama. There was an introduction of supposedly love interest but there was no affairs or flirting  What made this consistent is the undeniable chemistry of Fei Xing and Lin Yi. Lin Yi by the way is a new actor and this is his first lead role. I am surprised that he delivered a great acting here for a first timer in a lead. The same as Dylan Wang who delivered a great acting for the Meteor Garden 2018, a new actor and first time in a lead role. I see a bright future for Dylan Wang and Lin Yi. Not every new actor in a lead role can deliver a great acting.

See also: Admiration

There was a side story of Fu Pei and Shan Shan in this drama.  Do not fret, they took an important part to the life of the main casts especially in Si Tu Mo's. The chemistry of Lin Yi and Fei Xing is so natural. I shipped their pair to be a real couple someday. Mo Mo is bubbly, cute and her antics are so natural. Meanwhile, Gu Wei Yi is kind of a serious, good-looking nerd and goody-goody type of a guy. But he also values friendship and he isn't the nerd and boring type of a guy given that he is a topnotcher and genius college student among his co-leagues.

dramawiki

Overall, it was a feel good romance comedy drama that you will love. Very relatable and their relationship maybe typical but how they manage the everyday crisis was the takeaway. There are many cute and funny moments of these two that you can't help but to smile. Btw, Gu Wei Yi was a faithful guy. The ending was cliche, but I think it was the right thing to do. Not the greatest, but I think it is great in its own way.

Comments

Post a Comment

You May Also Like

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: SIXTEEN

The Beauty in the Far Provinces By Chesz Dylan I have never been in many places in the Philippines. I only saw limited places across the region. But, I must say that even in these limited places, as long as you have an optimistic perception of everything, you could see beauty in it. There is always beauty in everything, if you will learn to appreciate even the smallest detail. See also:  The Admiration I consider myself as a traveler, regardless if I can count on my fingers the countries and the provinces I traveled. Being a traveler, doesn't define if you had conquered the world. Although I admit that every traveler dreamt of traveling the world, I for one, is just enjoying the perks of my work. I get to see places new to me. I get to enjoy the panoramic scenes laid before my eyes that not everyone have the opportunity to do so. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu Nature is really a beauty on its own. God had crafted in