Skip to main content

BLOG: TWO



Love and Writing
By Chesz Dylan

It’s February and we all knew what month it is. Yes, it’s the month of love. But wait, have you been in love? Or the question should be, do you love someone? How does it feel? You know, that feeling when your heart beats so fast (doki💓doki) whenever you see that special someone. Your jaw is stuck, and you can’t utter a word when your crush is talking to you. You blushed so red, like someone painted tomato sauce on your face. You want to see him like everyday, and you go gaga about everything related to him.

Well, boys aren’t that too much showy in general (with the exception of course, when they are within their circle of friends). Just some glimpses every now and then. For some, they tend to joke around their crushes. It’s their way to impress her effortlessly. Others, they connived with their best buddy as their means to convey their feelings. Or if he’s not that shy type, he would just ask his crush directly and break the silence, with the divine words ‘I like you. Will you go out with me?’

Now you remembered those feelings? I am now becoming nostalgic and sentimental, right? Anyway, what if, you put that emotion and remember the first time you fell in love with writing?

BOOKWORM
Actually, before I started to write. I fell in love with reading. I remembered we have a collection of Encyclopedia before. And everytime, especially during weekends, I always indulged myself to scan some pages. If I’m not playing, I will just quietly sit on the window sill or on the balcony spending minutes to hours reading anything. Sometimes, when I am watching T.V., and there is this topic or thing that got my interest, I immediately open an encyclopedia to search for it. And read some references until it satisfies me. Pretty weird huh?

Anyway, going back to memory lane. I was inspired to write a story when I watched the ‘Harry Potter’ movie (of course, who wouldn’t?). That inspiration gave me more eagerness to write when another movie ‘Lord of the Rings’ hit the theaters. I found myself writing full of ideas and plots going on inside my head. During those times, I’m already watching animes. I am meticulous particularly in the anime’s plot. I’ve watched countless animes. And I am certain that animes have more diverse plots, unlike hollywood movies. But of course, it is also more cliche than movies.

Then the moment came when suddenly, I became busy with other things. Most of my time was spent outside. Food trips in different restos. Going in shopping malls with classmates. Going in your classmates’ houses. Went to occassional parties and get-togethers. A little booze. Some dancing and singing while drunk. Oh, the high school life. In short, I lost that passion in writing that it became one of my frustrations.

SECOND TIME
They say love is sweeter the second time around. Well, I’ll say writing is pretty sweet the second time. And yes, love can change the mood. When you put your emotion in your pen, you’ll just wonder that you created a masterpiece. I noticed that most of the writers had once wrote or still writing a poem. This had been my outlet when I stopped writing. But after all that said and done, here I am writing again. It’s because of the people I met, so this passion was awakened AGAIN. I was then reconnected to the hobby I once dreamt of.

I realized that when you love something, it doesn’t just fade away. Somehow, it’s just dormant. It was always there inside of you. You just need someone or something to trigger it- say, a motivation. And when that frustration became a reality, it’s just like woah! It’s very fulfilling, and at the same time rewarding.

How much do you love writing? What is your outlet or your getaway when you feel like not in the mood to write?

©Copyright 2017

CREDITS:
Love and Writing

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ