Skip to main content

BLOG: FIVE


The Love of a Father
By Chesz Dylan

“Growing up without a father could permanently alter the structure of the brain.
Ben Spencer, The Daily Mail

A sad reality for children that grew up fatherless. Based on the research, growing up without a father have many psychological effects. Effects like suicidal tendencies, drug addiction, low self-esteem, school drop-outs or low educational attainment and behavioral problems like depression and anger. I, myself, can attest to this. It was the most depressing part of my life. I want to be clear on this matter first. I do have a father but I didn’t grow up having him beside me, so it makes sense to consider myself fatherless in a general perspective.

GROWING UP
People who knew me knows that I came from a broken family. I wouldn’t divulge on this matter more further. It was really hard growing up without your parent, especially your father. As a boy, a father figure is very important as it was supposed to be who you will look up to when you grow up. But unfortunately, it didn’t turn out that way. I was totally depressed and I kept it to myself. From depression it became a hatred. A hatred that I carried in my heart for almost my entire life. At first I thought, I should understand him because that is how it’s supposed to be? But no! We became so distant. So distant that I never knew him. The sad part was, he didn’t even try reaching out to me.

As I grew up in High School it was the most devastating part. I became suicidal. I cursed him so many times. My hatred was intensified. Adding the peer pressures and emotional torment. Of course, my friends, classmates and relatives thought I was okey. I was never okey! I am broken! Yes, my grandmother raised me well, but that isn’t enough. It was never enough! I was a kind and obedient boy because I was fragile, and I can’t do anything but to obey them.

THE FAITH
If there’s one thing that I am thankful for is knowing God since I was young. I feared him that I am afraid to commit suicide even though I have that kind of mentality. He is one of the important reasons why I am still sane up until now. I have a choice. I can kill myself or use drugs. But I chose not to. And, it was also my sister’s advice that I will never forget.

FATHERHOOD
I became a father at the age of 22, it was until then that I learned one of the most valuable lessons in life and it really hit me hard. It was also the time that I learned and started to forgive my dad. It was tough and needs a lot of courage. But I realized that if I don’t forgive him, how will I become a great father to my daughter? No one will do it, it was an initiative that I must do. Not just for my daughter but most especially for me. I need it. I need to forgive him so I can move on from my bitter past.

OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” -John 3:16

Those were painful childhood memories, yes! It was part of me, that’s a fact. But you know what the good news is? I have overcome it, thanks be to God. Now that I have grown in faith, I realized that, that was just a grain of pain and sufferings compared to what God has done on the cross for myself, for ourselves. He is the perfect image of a father… faithful, generous, compassionate and loving. In fact, he offered his one and only begotten son to save us from our sins. He bore our infirmities and pains on the calvary. He is the father who will never leave us nor forsake us. He is the father who provides ALL our needs. And he is the father who loves us more than our earthly fathers and watches us 24/7.

Through God’s grace, I have forgiven my real father. Honestly, I cannot do it alone, I was on verge of hatred back then but God picked me up from there. The scar that my father did was permanent, so I thought. But No, if you completely gave your life to God he will do great and amazing things. As white as a snow, that permanent effect you once thought will just fade, together with all that painful memories. To God be the Glory!



References:
Father Absence

Psychological Effects Without Father

©Copyright 2017

CREDITS:
The Love of A Father

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ