Skip to main content

BLOG: SEVEN

BLOG #7

Choose Your Friends
By Chesz Dylan

As I was reading my Facebook newsfeed, I came across this post about a crime done by a certain group of individuals or ‘barkada’ to an OFW.

See also: CHIVALRY SHOULD NOT BE DEAD

..........
1 Cor. 15:33
Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

..........
Psalm 1:1
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers


This is one of the problems in our society. Hard-drinking, a little pot-session and late night gigs at discos and bars. These are frivoulous things that are heavily influenced by your friends or peers. Of course, I am publicly admitting that I was once guilty of either one or two of these. Oh the Youth!

See also: A GREAT STORYTELLER WHO WRITES FROM HIS GUT

I am not saying that all your friends are that bad or good. It’s just that, we should be careful on who to trust and share some important matters in our lives. For they have the power to influence you, to destroy or build you up!

In a group of peers, there will always be different personalities. Also, let us not forget but remember, that there will always be this black sheep among them. Imagine a wolf dressed in a sheep’s clothing and pretending and living among one of these sheeps. It is ready to devour one of the sheeps, if given the opportunity.

And just like how Judas Iscariot seated among Jesus’ disciples. Where in the end, he betrayed Jesus for 30 shekels of silver. I hope that while reading this, you are not one with the Spirit of Judas Iscariot. Nor have the intention of receiving the 30 shekels to disown a friend in favor of the position.

Choosing a friend is like you already have a glimpse of your future. Why? How come? It’s simply because, how they are living their life and how they impart their special attributes to you will also affect you and your outlook in life. I know some of you might disagree and say ‘I have alot of drug-addicted friends but I ended up professional and not in the jail‘. Good for you then, because you chose not to be influenced by this thing. It only means that, you should use that opportunity or that thought to help your fellow friends not be involved on that destructive thing.

See also: YEAR OF THE DOG AND YOUR WRITING FATE

How?

Simple! Be a good son or daughter or a good father or mother. Be a good follower. Be a good influence and role model. Be humble. Be a good friend. Be a good listener. Be ready to accept criticisms. Do not tolerate. Encourage and lift them up. Lead a life that will testify the goodness of God. Lead a life that will strengthen them through God. Lead a life full of compassion. Lead a life that will lead them to Salvation. Lead a life through the eyes of God and His words. And lastly, lead a life in a way how you will make a great positive impact in their lives!

©All rights reserved 2017

CREDITS:
Choose Your Friends

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: SIXTEEN

The Beauty in the Far Provinces By Chesz Dylan I have never been in many places in the Philippines. I only saw limited places across the region. But, I must say that even in these limited places, as long as you have an optimistic perception of everything, you could see beauty in it. There is always beauty in everything, if you will learn to appreciate even the smallest detail. See also:  The Admiration I consider myself as a traveler, regardless if I can count on my fingers the countries and the provinces I traveled. Being a traveler, doesn't define if you had conquered the world. Although I admit that every traveler dreamt of traveling the world, I for one, is just enjoying the perks of my work. I get to see places new to me. I get to enjoy the panoramic scenes laid before my eyes that not everyone have the opportunity to do so. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu Nature is really a beauty on its own. God had crafted in