Skip to main content

Valentine Workshop: Ninety-nine Encounters


NINETY-NINE ENCOUNTERS
By Chesz Dylan

"Coming through! Excuse me!"

I heard a voice of a guy from behind me. He seems in a rush and looks like almost catching his breath, so I moved an inch at the corner and let him passed by me.

"Thanks Eresh! See you later after school." I heard him saying. I furrowed my brows, trying to remember if I knew him. Somehow, this situation and this feeling seems familiar.

See also: FLASHFICTION: The Accident

"What am I thinking? He seems familiar, but where could I possibly met him?" My mind wanders thinking about that guy for the entire day. I looked at the wall clock. It was past 3 pm, and our class will be over in a minute. I asked my friend Jessica about the encounter, but even her couldn't grasp what is in my mind.

"Seriously Eresh, you might be imagining things. Are you sure you know David?" Jessica is acting paranoid than me. "That guy just transferred in our school last semester. How could you feel so intimate towards him in just a short period?"

"I know, right? That's why I'm telling you this because I'm seriously dead thinking about it the entire day," tapping my forehead in confusion. "And you're not helping me either, okey? I think I need to meet him to stop my delusions. God, I hate this!"

After our class, I waited for him at the alley beside the school. I saw him unbuttoned his white polo shirt, and rubbed it on his temples. David smiled, noticing me from a distance.

"Sorry honey, did I make you wait?" he held my right hand, and locked it with his.

I cringed, and immediately distanced myself.

"Honestly, I don't remember that you and I are in a relationship?" pointing my index finger at him. "How? Since when?"

What he did next was unexpected. He grabbed my hand, pulled me next to him and kissed me. At first it was gentle, and it became intimate. My mind was triggered. Fragments of my memory remembers him, dated from unknown.

"A-ahh!" I shouted in pain. I feel like my head is tearing apart. I found myself crying on my knees. A nostalgic torture.

See also: The Admiration

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." David hugged me tight, crying with me. "I don't know what else to do."

As soon I was relieved, he assisted me to stand. I saw a number zero deeply engraved on his wrist.

"That mark!"

He tried to explain. I couldn't grasped everything. It was shocking that tears keep on falling from my eyes. Too impossible for me to believe him.

"I died 99 times, and rewrote 99 attempts. It became possible because of this mark you gave. Maybe you had forgotten it, I'm sorry!" he apologized. "Believe me, I tried everything to be with you. Now that it has gone to zero, this is the most painful goodbye for us. But, I want you to remember that I loved you so much, my angel of death, Ereshkigal."

END


©Copyright 2019

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ