Skip to main content

FLASH FICTION


The Accident
By Chesz Dylan

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

It is 12 o'clock midnight of February 14. I eagerly waited for this time, so I will be the first to greet her. Belinda is sleeping peacefully at her bed.

How long was I.. reminiscing what happened.

See also: Haunted Misery of Dreyfus

It has been 6 months when she was confined in the hospital. I was driving the car, when a deer suddenly crossed at the center of the highway. I was shocked so I took a sudden right turn. Unfortunately, a black SUV came rushing at our side, hitting directly the passenger seat where she was sitting. I will never forget how devastated she looked as the blood flowed down her head. I passed out, and saw myself lying at the hospital bed the next day.

"Honey, Belinda, where are you?" I cried out the moment I realized I was lying on the hospital bed.

"Morgan, stay calm." Rod is hugging me.

"Rod, where is Belinda? I need to see her. I want to see her," looking helpless to him as tears are flowing on my temple. "Please!"

See also: NINETY-NINE ENCOUNTERS
Ode of a Broken Son

I was so desperate. The last image of her in my memory is bringing me so much pain. It hurts so bad as I blame myself for the accident.

"Rod, it's all my fault. I was so careless."

"Morgan, do not blame yourself," trying to calm me. I can feel the slight trembling of his hands. "She's in the next room."

I gathered my strength and energy to stand as I went to her room next to mine. There I saw her sleeping peacefully.

"She's in comma." Rod told it straight to my face. "She lose too much blood when she was brought in the hospital."


©All rights reserved.

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: SIXTEEN

The Beauty in the Far Provinces By Chesz Dylan I have never been in many places in the Philippines. I only saw limited places across the region. But, I must say that even in these limited places, as long as you have an optimistic perception of everything, you could see beauty in it. There is always beauty in everything, if you will learn to appreciate even the smallest detail. See also:  The Admiration I consider myself as a traveler, regardless if I can count on my fingers the countries and the provinces I traveled. Being a traveler, doesn't define if you had conquered the world. Although I admit that every traveler dreamt of traveling the world, I for one, is just enjoying the perks of my work. I get to see places new to me. I get to enjoy the panoramic scenes laid before my eyes that not everyone have the opportunity to do so. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu Nature is really a beauty on its own. God had crafted in