Skip to main content

BLOG: EIGHTEEN


2 A.M Thoughts: The Rain
By Chesz Dylan




It's passed 2 a.m. It is raining while I am doing this. I feel like writing my 2 am thoughts at this moment. I like rain actually, but only to an extent. Some people call it as pluviophile (lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days). However you define it, rain calms my soul and my consciousness. I don't know if it feels bothersome for the others, but I do feel at peace. I find it relaxing, especially while sipping a cup of coffee beside my bed. Back in my younger days, you would find me reading a book, or bathing out in the rain, if I'm not sleeping. Up until now, I also don't know the scientific explanation on why during raining or rainy days in general, our memory lane is triggered. Somehow, the rain makes a person sentimental in a way. It is one of those rare occasions where it makes us think deeply about life - our life.

See also: DON'T BECOME WHO HURT YOU


Just to give you a quick little information, rain is a liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then become heavy enough to fall under gravity. That is according to Mr. Wikipedia. Well, I can't barely remember my stock knowledge nor what my teacher told me about the scientific definition of the rain in my Science subject.


I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
Maya Angelou


I've read and heard a lot of old sayings, interpretations, and passages about the rain. Now that I think about it, let me share to you some of my thoughts about the rain.

RAIN MEANS TROUBLE

Literally, rain is pretty troublesome for drivers. The wet pavement makes it difficult for drivers, and accidental- prone to some areas. That is why you could see warning signages along the highways. That is why drivers are adviced to be cautious and to drive carefully especially in slippery slopes and blind curves. Anyhow, most of the tires are specifically designed for any road conditions like rain.


Unsplash.com (Todd Diemer)

Back when I was in my primary and middle school, I felt bothered whenever there is rain. And what really annoys me even more is when I forgot to bring with me umbrella, rain coat and boots. Have you tried soaking wet when you arrived home? Have you tried your feet smells stinky when you remove your socks because the water went inside your shoes? Or say, you have to air dry your notes and books because it gotten wet and its pages were piled together? One wrong pull of a sheet and it will tear all the pages together. That was bothersome at that age. You have to spend hours to blot out the water using paper towels or a cloth. What makes it more troublesome is when you have a homework. Either you have to patiently air dry your notes and later do your assignment, or don't do it at all. Hahaha

Rain falls because the clouds can no longer handle the weight. Tears fall because the heart can not longer handle the pain.


RAIN MEANS AN IMPENDING STORM

Scientifically, storm starts from rain, gust and the air pressure within the clouds. There will never be storm if there is no rain. They go hand in hand, and inseparable. Typhoons are formed and it does extreme damages. Although my country experiences regular typhoons at signal 3 or 4, still, it's always hard to cope up from the after effect like flooding and the devastation it caused. Whenever I watches the weather news, I could frequently hear monsoons from the weather reporter, even in summer.

Metaphorically, storms represents the troubles, pains and the present sufferings in our lives. It is an event in our life, that made a tremendous effect, like a turning point that greatly affected us. During the time of Noah in the book of Genesis, Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord. So, the Lord called him to make an ark. In Genesis 6:7, "The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled." So when Noah created what God commanded him to make, God sent a heavy rain (Gen. 7:4;12) and flooded the Earth, wiping the evilness and wickedness of the human race.

See also: The Beauty in the Far Provinces

God sends rain and floods to teach us a lesson. He wants us to test our faith to him. Just like how the problems will come; just like how the rain will pour; and just like how God sent rain to Noah. There is a designated time that God will let it stop. God will take away that trouble, pain and sufferings. It is because of the storms in our lives that our faith is strengthened. It is during the storms in our lives that we can determine the people who can be trusted and relied on. It is during the storms that God will test our patience, our obedience and our faith. It is after the storms that we grow in our faith.

I have lived pain, and my life can tell: I only deepen the wound of the world when I neglect to give thanks the heavy perfume of wild roses in early July and the song of crickets on summer humid nights and the rivers that run and the stars that rise and the rain that falls and all the good things that a good God gives.
- Ann Voskamp

Unsplash.com (Shah Shah)


RAIN MEANS MOTHER NATURE IS CRYING

When I was in my younger years, I could hear my teacher and my classmates saying that our mother nature is weeping that's why it is raining. It was believable at that age. Adding the children shows that I watched back then. It warned people of their illegal environmental activities, and exploitation of the nature. That is why the mother nature fights back by means of heavy rains, floods, earthquakes and other natural calamities.

Delphiboston.org


RAIN MEANS BLESSING

This is the most profound meaning of the rain. Literally, it is a blessing for the farmers that were hit by El Niño, La Niña and other drought-like phenomenon. It is a blessing to the trees and the nature as God showers his creations. It balances the cycle of life.

In Acts 14: 17, "Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy." Just as how God sends storms in our lives, he also sends rain to bless us and end our pain and suffering. Just as how God send rain to a barren land and transform it into a fruitful land. So, if you are maybe in the midst of your barrenness, keep on praying and wait for God to send rain.


RAIN MEANS TO PROSPER

I remember when our elementary
teacher asked us to bring plants as a project. Back then, he will share how important the rain is to a plant. In order for the plant to flourish and grow, it needs an ample amount of rain showers or water.

In Isaiah 45: 8, "You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it." And in Isaiah 55: 10, "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater". God sent rain to flourish the seeds. We are the seeds. God wants to prosper us and grow in our faith.

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots.
- Frank A. Clark

Time checked, 5:30 a.m, I could hear the roosters crowing. By this time, the rain had subsided. The pluviophile in me had receded. It was a blessing, another blessing for a new day.

Unsplash.com (Aaron Burden)

See also: PLANETSHAKERS RAIN CONFERENCE 2019-2020

What else have you heard about the rain? Do we share the similar views or you have been taught differently about it? Share your thoughts in the comment section. I would love to heart them.


©All rights reserved 2019.

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: SIXTEEN

The Beauty in the Far Provinces By Chesz Dylan I have never been in many places in the Philippines. I only saw limited places across the region. But, I must say that even in these limited places, as long as you have an optimistic perception of everything, you could see beauty in it. There is always beauty in everything, if you will learn to appreciate even the smallest detail. See also:  The Admiration I consider myself as a traveler, regardless if I can count on my fingers the countries and the provinces I traveled. Being a traveler, doesn't define if you had conquered the world. Although I admit that every traveler dreamt of traveling the world, I for one, is just enjoying the perks of my work. I get to see places new to me. I get to enjoy the panoramic scenes laid before my eyes that not everyone have the opportunity to do so. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu Nature is really a beauty on its own. God had crafted in

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the