Skip to main content

BLOG: SEVENTEEN


DON'T BECOME WHO HURT YOU
By Chesz Dylan

depositphotos.com

This is simple yet profound that when taken by heart it has a deep meaning within its context. Sometimes we don't know that a part of us that was hurt can leave a scar that cannot easily mend by time, or even death. Sometimes, the person that hurts us leave an impression that is forever delisted in our system, if not forever be forgotten in our life.

See also: You Are Never Worthless

I remember when I was young. The person who hurt me left my childhood a sad, immeasurable pain, and left me growing with a vengeful heart. I am so drowned of avenging myself because that part of me was the beginning of a mess I paid by my entire childhood. That part of me was helpless. A voiceless kid who just followed orders and what those adults made me believed. I didn't feel an ounce of guilt or conscience because what I was feeling back then was a total remorse and loathe. I hated him to the point that I cursed him. To the point I no longer feel any love or sympathy. To the point I wished he was dead. I blamed him for all my childhood sufferings, for the brokenness I feel, and the family I will never have. I went through it a lot physically, intellectually and emotionally. To the point that I feel like I don't deserve this life - everything!

I did everything I could not to be like him; not to grow as an incompetent adult; not to grow as a worthless husband or a useless dad. I plunged myself away, so far away, dwindling in shame and shutting all my emotions and keep it all by myself.

It is normal for anyone to blame others. Humans are created selfish and full of pride. Humans find fault in everything; humans aren't easily contented in what they have, and I'm no better than anyone.

Later did I realized, that the person I never wanted to be - the person I hated, and rejected, is becoming the person in me. The things I hated about him, is suddenly imparted in my system. I only realized when I found myself acting like a fool, when my actions and my indecisiveness are becoming prevalent to the extent that it is manifesting on me. I hated myself for it, just as how I hated the person who made me feel it.

I didn't undergo any therapy or counseling. The guilt, the anger and frustrations is piling up. It's eating me whole inside. A part of me - the helpless me, is trying to suppress it as much as it can. It was hard. There are times I feel like I will undergo cardiac arrest anytime because of the sudden burst of pain in my heart. It doesn't always occur, but once it does, it's unbearable and I feel like I can't breathe. It's never good to keep it all inside especially when you have a weak heart.

It is when we hurt that we learn.   
- Steve Maraboli

DON'T BECOME WHO HURT YOU. Don't let your hurt and pain define you; don't let it feed your ego; don't let the good in you be consumed by it; don't let it become who you are - learn to forgive; forgiveness is the key. I know it isn't easy. It isn't something that could easily erase everything, every memory and hurt. Forgive sincerely, at least try it little by little. It's a long process of healing, but it produces great result - a fulfilling result.

See also: Ode of a Broken Son

wpcofla.org

When I think about it, I realized that it's possible. It's possible to forgive. It's possible to feel positive despite the negativities and despite there has been no changes in his part. So, if you were given a chance, confront that person who hurt you and made you feel it. I know it was wrong for keeping it all inside me. I know fully that it has a negative effect in my personality, in my upbringing but I was always like that - stubborn. I suffered from it. And I don't want you to feel it, that same feeling. It was never good. It robbed me my happiness in my childhood. It robbed me the love I should have given. It robbed me of the future I should have had, if only I didn't allowed that hurt to ate my whole being.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 

Lastly, have faith. Give all your hurt and pains to our father in heaven.



© Copyright 2019

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: SIXTEEN

The Beauty in the Far Provinces By Chesz Dylan I have never been in many places in the Philippines. I only saw limited places across the region. But, I must say that even in these limited places, as long as you have an optimistic perception of everything, you could see beauty in it. There is always beauty in everything, if you will learn to appreciate even the smallest detail. See also:  The Admiration I consider myself as a traveler, regardless if I can count on my fingers the countries and the provinces I traveled. Being a traveler, doesn't define if you had conquered the world. Although I admit that every traveler dreamt of traveling the world, I for one, is just enjoying the perks of my work. I get to see places new to me. I get to enjoy the panoramic scenes laid before my eyes that not everyone have the opportunity to do so. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. – Lao Tzu Nature is really a beauty on its own. God had crafted in