Skip to main content

BLOG: TWELVE


Passion vs Practical vs Normal
(The Long Term)
By Chesz Dylan

With a snap, this idea just suddenly popped out of my head. Personally, I have an attitude where I tend to get easily bored at something. It's not like a form of indecisiveness, nor like I am a boring person. I just had a sudden thought that is playing in my mind, so I feel like venting it out in here. There are differences among passion, practicality and normalcy, especially when we are talking about the long term effects of these three. As I go on further in this topic, I want to remind the readers that these are not merely speculations, but a part of this is based on my personal experiences and how I feel.

See also: The Beauty in the Far Provinces

You see, as I continue to grow and learn, I learn one of best things to continue in life. It is doing your passions. I know, some of you might not agree. Or you might say, it is subjective. I will try not to answer it, instead give you my personal insights. Passion is a great motivation to one's self. Yes, you have dreams, goals in life whether it is a short-term or a long-term. But without passion, probably, you will only fulfill it half way in your entire life. Fulfillment is a personal choice. It is not based on achieving material things or social status. Fulfillment is synonymous to contentment. Why personal? Because we have different views on this. But believe me, the climax of this will still be about yourself. Helping your parents, accomplishing a degree, working in a rewarding job, owning a house, conceiving a child, and a hefty bank account. Those are good, but it shouldn't affect you, nor your passion. I heard people say, they are contented with what they have. That their only goal is to help their parents etc. Again, that is not about doing your passion. Do not interchange passion from obligation (responsibility). I'm telling you now, at the end, you will feel exhausted not doing what you REALLY like.

See also: When the passion is Gone?

Passion is the fullness of what you really like from the bottom of your heart. The fullness of what REALLY matters to you. What you want in life. That no matter what the outcome, at least you did it. No obligation, no blaming, and no regrets. Just because you fell halfway, you will stop. Passion is an emotional attachment to your inner self. That even though you stopped doing it, it will always be within you. It's okay if you fall, and it's definitely okay to postpone it for a while. Take a break. But the problem is TIME is irreversible and limited.

See also: Love and Writing

Practicality is an ever-changing trend. Normally, it is seasonal. Why? Say, the trend of the degree people are studying. Two years ago, it was Nursing, then last year it was Education, and now what? Hospitality? Customer Service? Some of us based their decision on the trending degree, or trending job. Again, we are talking about long term here. Yes, you will help your parents. Yes, you will repay your debts. Yes, you can buy a house and a car etc. But until when? Sadly, the chances of succeeding in life is minimal. Blamegame, folks! I won't deny that your parents had to do with most of these. But again, pursue your passion after achieving what your parents wants you to.

See also: Anthology: 2 Millimeters per Second

Normalcy, is the state of being normal. Being ordinary. It's good, in some ways. Unless, you don't want to grow, not getting the material things you really want, not getting the job you want, not going to your travel destinations and live your life being mediocre. It is not about being choosy, but do not settle on a lucrative job. Unless, it's the job you passionately want. Being ambitious is not a sin. But being normal will  only harbor regrets and a half-ass achievement in life. Being "normal" is not for those whose mindset is to become someone in the future. Being normal is not for visionaries. That is why, there is a big difference between the rich and the poor in mindset alone.

See also: A GREAT STORYTELLER WHO WRITES FROM HIS GUT

At the end of the day, it's your life. It's your experience. No one can dictate your happiness, or your state of contentness. But, I want to let you know, that doing your passion is still the BEST decision. When you are passionate in serving others, there is no gossips and back fighting. When you are passionate at your job, there will be innovations. When you are passionate in whatever you do, there is no weariness and it will pay off in your advantage. And lastly, when you are at the point in your life that you feel tired and disappointed, relax and take a break.

See also: Finding Harry Novel

©All rights reserved.

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ