Skip to main content

BLOG: NINE


When the Passion is Gone?
By Chesz Dylan

Passion. Is it really a strong feeling? Is it really a strong desire or urge for something or someone? Is it endless? Or maybe it was just a normal feeling? And just like any other emotion, it has its limit?

See also: You Are Never Worthless

While I was writing this, I had my fair share of emotions popping inside my head. Thoughts about my relationship, my job, my writing and also about myself. As my mind wanders, I feel like I’m lost. When I think about it, I feel like that passion is slowly fading. I don’t know why. Maybe, there’s a problem to myself? Or perhaps, I am actually the problem? I don’t know.

RELATIONSHIP
I always believed in happy endings. I always believed that somehow, love conquers all. I am a romantic guy by heart, though it isn’t obvious (Ikr?) It was the ideal that I always had in mind. It was the ideal, that I always try to hold on to. But well, I came from a broken family and yes, I guess everyone knew it. So, coming from that situation, I always admire a complete family. It was my desire to have that kind of family on my own. When I think about it, it’s not just a desire or passion but a MUST HAVE (regardless, any sacrifice that I have to endure). But I guess, that is just a fantasy. I know both must work on it. (I’m trying!) But I admit that there are times when I feel like I just want to give up. There are times when I feel like I want to just run away from all my responsibilities. There are times that I questioned myself if is it still worth it? I would be selfish with these thoughts but who isn’t? I know once or many times in your life that you came to this point. I love her, no doubt about it but is it still the same? Or does she still feel the same way to me? (who knows).

See also: The Love of A Father

CAREER
I always had these ambitions that I try to keep for myself. Yes, all our decisions will affect our future. Well, I guess, I failed in here, miserably. But I believed that all things work together for good. So all the circumstances that happened in our life had its meaning and purpose that will surely unfold if not now, later in the future. Everyone dreamt on becoming someone. Everyone wants an entitlement. Everyone wants to achieved something and Yes, I am no different from them. I came to a point in my life that I stopped dreaming about my future. Literally. I lost the ability to dream; that passion of building successful future; that passion of going beyond the places that I’ve never been to. But I can say that I am trying to pursue it now, one by one. Those little steps isn’t bad, right? Because I don’t want to have any regrets later in my life.

See also: Passion vs Practical vs Normal (The Long Term)

WRITING
I always wanted to write. Yes, I am hoping to publish the book I wrote aside from being part of the anthologies and contributions. But sometimes, I asked myself if it was really my passion to write or just a hobby? Before, I could sustain sleepless nights just to finish a chapter but as time goes by, it is taking its toll on me. Maybe because of my work? Maybe because of laziness? I don’t know. There are times that I want to write but I feel like I have no inspiration. There are times that I thought about my next story but I don’t have the urge to write it down. But there are also times that I feel like quitting.

See also: Writer’s Block and Blank Page Syndrome

I believed that in everything we do, there should always be a passion to do it. It’s what motivates us. But, I also know that some of you are also at this point in your life. It’s hard for some (just like me). But try to hold on to it.. even when the passion is gone.

©All rights reserved 2017

CREDITS:
When the Passion is Gone

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ