Skip to main content

BLOG: ELEVEN


The Writer’s Heart
By Chesz Dylan

Nowadays, there are many "so-called" famous young writers. They are product of either a Writing Competition or the Wattpad. But really, are they that good? Or they are just using their influence to gain readers? And the worst? It's by creating numerous accounts just to create publicity, or gain reads (views) in their works.

See also: Passion vs Practical vs Normal (The Long Term)

In a generation where stories has gotten cliched, or copying (knowingly or unknowingly) other's plot has been in almost every stories, one cannot know whether it's still worth it or not.
In an ocean of great books, famous writers and recycled storylines, how can a mere amateur writer make it to the top? Next to J K. Rowling, Stephen King, Mark Twain, Ernest Hemingway and so forth. Yes, I heard you. It's through gimmick.

GIMMICK
I will tell you straight to your face dear, gimmick is a lame but easiest way to be known. Its success rate depends on two things. First, the gravity of your gimmickry. Some gimmicks of these young writers ranges from wearing a mask, to wearing an all black, to wearing an eyeglass, to more absurd if not bizarre costumes and the lists goes on. Who cares if the story isn't even worth it, if you can pull off that gimmick, right?

See also: When the Passion is Gone?

Second, it also depends on your readers. Yes dear, to make that gimmick successful, you must have a huge following. Take note that it is crucial for an amateur writer to be friendly, and polite to gain readers. Especially the teens, they are mostly your readers. You must always interact with them even with a simple "Hi", click that "Like" button if you can't accomodate them. Because if you didn't, they might think that you are a snob. That for some, it might affect their interest and eventually you will lose a follower.

But you see, above all these gimmicks that they are coming up, they have forgotten the essence of writing a story. A great story reflects the heart of the author. You as a writer, is giving away your personality, time and thoughts to your work. Sadly, the world isn't fair - so is writing. Readers and writers nowadays are only looking for that "romantic excitement". They lose that depth in what they write, or do. They lose that creative imagination to a point that everything is - shallow. 

See also: Writer’s Block and Blank Page Syndrome

WRITING ABILITY
Gimmick or not, a true writer should still have that heart in his craft. Your writing ability is what matters. Regardless if you don't have that number of reads your story deserves. Because a great story will be remembered if not now, maybe sometime in the future. Imagine yourself as a famous writer, with a great plot and a simple gimmick to compliment? You can never go wrong! And for that, you deserved my applause.

See also: Anthology: Death by Affair
Blood and Marriage
Finding Harry Novel

©All rights reserved 2018

CREDITS:
The Writer's Heart

Comments

You May Also Like

Review: Put your Head on my Shoulder

REVIEW: Put your Head on my Shoulder By Chesz Dylan dramaobsess.com Chinese Title: 致我们暖暖的小时光 Origin: China (Adapted from a Novel) Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Youth, Friendship, Family Actors: Fei Xing (Si Tu Mo); Lin Yi (Gu Wei Yi) PLOT: As Si Tu Mo’s graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius Physics student Gu Wei Yi appears in her life. The two accidentally end up living together and chaos begins. (Source: CdramaBase) See also:  Title: Mary and the Witch's Flower sinopsis-tamura.blogspot.com MY REVIEW: Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I have watched other Chinese dramas recently, so I am not new in how Chinese make their dramas. I was actually surprised that it evolved and adapted the Korean, and Japanese drama style. Whenever I hear Chinese dramas, what comes in mind are flying daggers, fantasy

BLOG: TWENTY

The Boy Who Never Had a Mom By Chesz Dylan Margaret Berg Art (Pinterest) Today is a special day for mothers around the world. Flowers, gifts and social media greetings everywhere. Of course, it will not be special if I didn't post my personal greeting to the special woman, the mother of my daughter-- Evelyn.  See also:  The Love of a Father MOTHERLESS   I also knew for a fact that some of my readers are aware in my personal relationship. Well, for some who don't, let me tell you a short description of my life. My mom left me and my sister when I was around one-year old. My aunt was the one who brought me to the province. She said that I was turning dark, sickly and I might die because of an illness. I don't know the real reason and it might be unclear but the relationship of my parents wasn't in good terms at that time. My mom can't manage to take care of us. My grandmother , back when she was still alive told me that when I was brought at the

BLOG: NINETEEN

2 Hours of Beach Escapade By Chesz Dylan I haven't been in beaches lately. The Holy Week had finished and that was one of the busiest week for beach resort owners. Aside from, of course summer that ranges from the month of March to the late May, Holy Week has been established as a vacation week for Filipinos. It is the only week of the entire calendar year where one can book a flight or go to beaches and resorts, relax and meditate for all the good things that happened in your life. The greyish-white fine sands of La Union The Philippines had been known to be one of the religious countries in the world. A country with a majority of Catholic faith devotees, with a percentage of non-denominational Christians and Muslims. Some provinces in the Philippines had been very serious in celebrating Holy Week. It is a sacrament that was done with repentance by the Catholic devotees. For them, it was their expression of their love and faith of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ